Butter roast chicken is a very easy dish with just a few basic ingredients. The best part of this preparation is the buttery gravy left out while cooking this chicken also can be served with rice or rotis..
Boneless chicken .... 250 gms
Onion ... 1
Yogurt ... 3-4 tbsps
Ginger paste .. 1 tsp
Garlic paste ... 2 tsps
Lemon ... 1/2
Red chilli powder .. 1 tsp (you can reduce it to half )
Pepper powder ..... 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Garam masala ... 1/2 tsp
Kesari colour ... 1 pinch (optional)
Butter .. 6 tbsps OR Ghee.. 3 tbsps
Salt ... to taste
1. Wash the chicken. Marinate with curd, a little salt and turmeric.
2. Heat 4 tbsps. of butter or 2 tbsps of ghee in a pressure cooker.
3. Add finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown.
4. Tip in the marinated chicken and stir fry.
5. Add all the spice powders mentioned and check the salt.
6. Now add 1/2 cup water and close the lid. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame after the whistle. (or 4-5 whistles)
7. Open the pressure cooker after it cools down.Pick out the chicken pieces.
8. Heat the remaining butter or ghee in a sauce pan and fry the chicken pieces turning the sides.
9. Squeeze out lemon juice and serve them hot with onion and lemon wedges.
10. The gravy can be served as a side dish with rotis or rice.
Note: You can also cook in a pan but the cooking time will be more ( 10 -12 mins.)
Recipe Source : You Too Can Cook