A simple dry chicken preparation that can be served as a snack or side dish.
Chicken ... 250 gms
Ginger ...... julienned
Garlic ...... 1 tbsp
Green chillies .. 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Mint leaves ...... few
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (add more if you like it spicy)
Lemon juice ................ 1-2 tbsps (as per your liking)
Salt ........... to taste
Oil ............. 4 tbsps
Onion rings, lemon wedges and coriander leaves for garnishing.
1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the chicken pieces turning sides until light brown.
2. Tip in the ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute for a minute.
3. Add the salt, greens and spice powders and mix well.
4. Simmer it until the chicken pieces are done. The chicken usually gets cooked in its own juices but if you think you need to add some just sprinkle a little.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves, onion rings and lemon wedges before serving.
Your spicy chicken looks so tasty. Is this usually eaten with bread or rice?ReplyDelete
It can be served as a snack or eaten with naans and rotis too.Delete
Looks like a falvouful yummy dishReplyDelete
Wow! the seasoning on this sounds amazing!ReplyDelete
Thank you Michelle :)Delete
Lovely flavours, delicious chicken dish. Would love to try and have bookmarked this yummy recipe.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking and trying out.. do give me the feed back Piyali :)Delete
Simple recipe and looks a tasty treat...ReplyDelete
Thanks Amrita :0Delete
I love pan-fried chicken, but I've never had it this way before. Sounds lovely!ReplyDelete
Do try this recipe Byron.. you will love it.Delete
Simple yet very yummy ...ReplyDelete