Kheerni is a traditional Sindhi kheer made on all the auspicious and festive days in most of the Sindhi homes. Today I given it a little twist by adding thick mango pulp for a change.
Milk ....... 1 litre
Sabudana/sago ... 1/2 cup (soak with enough water to cover for 2-3 hours)
Green cardamom... 4-5
Sugar ............... 3/4 or 1 cup (depending on how sweet you want it )
Kesar/saffron ..... 7-8 threads
Salt ........... half a pinch
Ghee ....... 1/4 tsp.
Pistachios & almonds (unsalted)... a few (chopped)
Mango pulp .. 1 cup
1.In a pan boil the milk.(If using full cream milk, add a cup of water)
2. Add in the soaked sabudana, cardamoms (slightly crushed) saffron, half a pinch of salt and 1/4 tsp. ghee.
3. Let it simmer and keep stirring from time to time until the sabudana are cooked.
4. Meanwhile take the mango pulp in a thick bottomed saucepan and cook it by continuously stirring with a spatula until it is reduced to half and is quite thick in consistency.
5. Now mix the sugar well and simmer again for a minute.
6. Switch off the gas and let it cool. Now stir in the mango pulp and mix well.
7. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve hot or chilled.
Drooling out here... such a delectable kheerni...ReplyDelete
so tempting and droolworthy.ReplyDelete
Thanks u so muchDelete
so so yummy and looks absolutely delicious kheerniReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
looks so tempting!!ReplyDelete
Another lovely dish from youReplyDelete
wow gorgeous Shobha Ji...love mango desserts...ReplyDelete
Thank you ChitraDelete
looks super yumm... mouthwatering kheer..ReplyDelete
Oh so well presented yummy looking kheer.ReplyDelete
Awesome....lovely desert ☺ReplyDelete
luks yummy !!!ReplyDelete
Great presentation,love the roses and the colour of both roses and mango kheer.very niceReplyDelete
Thanks for the complimentDelete
looks super delicious! beautiful presentation.ReplyDelete
Thank you dearDelete
oh Nicely presented yummy kheer .Thanks for linking it to my event first anniversary giveawayReplyDelete
My pleasure and thanks for likingDelete
Nice combo of mango and sago..ReplyDelete
Nice dessert...Looks sumptuous...well done!ReplyDelete
i am in love with this kheer <3ReplyDelete
Delicious.....yum yum !ReplyDelete
amazing..nice presentation..Kheer is always a great dessert!ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
This looks absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.ReplyDelete
Thanks April.. always a pleasureDelete
Very delicious love to try it.ReplyDelete
Will check out .. thanksReplyDelete