This month in our baking group " We Knead To Bake " we were asked to bake any kind of pizza with a little individual touch. I have always been amazed at the variety of dessert pizzas we get in Brazil. So I thought why not try something like that with Indian flavours. Here is the dessert pizza made with gajar ka halwa, mawa and dates. It turned out to be a hit.The same could be made in small pizza cups too for serving individually in the parties.
For the Pizza dough:
APF / maida ..... 1 and 1/2 cups
Yeast ............ ... 1 tsp
Butter ........... 1 tbsp
Salt ..... 1/8 tsp
Sugar .... 1 tbsp
Water .. 1/4 cup plus milk as needed
1. Take 1/4 cup warm water and add sugar. Sprinkle yeast on top and place in in a warm place for a few minutes until frothy.
2. Mix salt and butter in the flour and knead adding the frothy yeast and a little milk as needed. (about 3-4 tbsps is what I added )
3. Knead inro a smooth dough and place it in a bowl. Cover it with a foil or cling film and let it rise until double.
Gajar Ka Halwa :
See the recipe - HERE
You will require about one cup
Easy microwave mawa recipe .. see HERE
You will require about half cup
Dates .. 4-5 Cut into thin round slices for garnishing
1. Now roll out the pizza dough and place in in a greased baking tray.
2. Spread the gajar ka halwa on it .
3. Sprinkle the mawa.
4. Garnish with the dates.
5. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 250 degrees for about 22 - 25 minutes.
Note: The time and temperature may vary a little depending on the size and type of oven used.
We Knead To Bake - Bake # 21 @ My Diverse Kitchen
Pin for later
You may also like:
Fruit Pizza / Desert Pizza
wow very unique and innovative pizza...ReplyDelete
wow the perfect recipes :)in love with them :) beautifully presented dearReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment MonuDelete
yumm.. looks perfect..ReplyDelete
This would be a spot on with kids,I think will taste like carrot poli,lovelyReplyDelete
Yes Harini.. definitely a kids delightDelete
yum yum yummy treat...ReplyDelete
This is a great idea.. Yummy!ReplyDelete
Thanks a lotDelete
Very innovative and droolworthy !ReplyDelete
Thank u ShobhaDelete
wow what a pizza ..Never ever heard such kind ...Yummy ..Thanks for linking it to my event "first anniversary giveaway "ReplyDelete
My pleasure and thanks for likingDelete
Real visual treat..mouthwatering here :)ReplyDelete
Thank you dear.. you made my day with your sweet complimentDelete