This is a very simple fish preparation of Sindhi Cuisine . Garlic is the key ingredient in this recipe which gives the distinct flavour to the curry. This fish tastes very good with fresh green garlic that we get during winter season. No onion or tomato is added to this curry I have used Pintado fish ( Brazilian ). You can use any variety of fish available, preferably one with a center bone.
Fish .... 500 gms
Garlic ... 2 tbsps
Turmeric .. 1/4 tsp
Green chillies .. 1-2
Garam masala .. 1 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Coriander leaves .. handful
Salt ... to taste
Wheat flour ... 1 tbsp ( to thicken the gravy )
Oil ... 3 tbsps
1. Clean the fish slices. Marinate with a little salt and set aside.
2. In a pan heat oil and add the garlic. Saute until light brown.
3. Add the green chillies and the fish pieces. Let it fry on one side until it changes the colour. Turn the side of the fish pieces now.
4. Add the salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder.
5. Add one cup water and simmer.
6. Now mix the wheat flour in quarter cup of water removing the lumps. Stir it into the gravy carefully.
7. Sprinkle the garam masala and coriander leaves. Simmer for a minute until the gravy thickens.
I have garnished with finely chopped spring onion leaves to give the green garlic effect.
Serve it with Plain rice or phulkas.