Try out these delicious and healthy baked masala crackers made with wholewheat flour.These taste like mathris and are good to serve as a tea-time snack or you can even serve with some chutney or dip. Adjust the spice level according to your liking. You can cut them in any shape using cookie cutters too.
Recipe Source : You Too Can Cook
Wheat flour .. 1 cup (or as needed)
Chilli flakes .. 1/4 tsp
Crushed cumin seeds ... 1/2 tsp
Crushed pepper corns .. 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi ... 1 tbsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 4 tbsps
1. Mix the mentioned spices and kasoori methi in the flour. Add salt and oil. Mix everything together.
2. Now knead the flour with warm water and make the dough.
3. Roll out a portion of it using a rolling pin. Do not use dry flour while rolling.
4. Cut out any shapes you prefer. Place them in a greased baking tray. Pierce them with a fork to avoid bubbles.
5. Bake them in a pre-heated oven until golden brown and crisp.( It takes about 20 - 22 mins in the medium setting - 200 degrees C )
Cool them and store in an air tight container.
Note: The original recipe had dry curry leaves but I have replaced them with kasoori methi. Similarly you can have many variations like adding ajwain or sesame seeds.
Kindly note that the baking time may vary a little depending on the type and size of the oven and also the thickness of the crackers. It is usually faster in small OTG s and convection microwave ovens. You have to set the temperature accordingly.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Raisin and Oat Cookies