Delicious crunchy munchy ribbon murukkus for tea time snack.I have made these adding mashed potato and find them lighter than the other chaklis as there is no oil added to the dough while kneading. Try out and I am sure you will love them.
Potatoes .... 2 medium sized.
Gram flour / besan .. 1/2 cup
Maida / APF ...... 1/2 cup
Rice flour .......... 1/2 cup
Cumin powder ... 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder.. 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida .... 1 pinch
Salt .................. to taste
Oil .... to fry
1. Boil the potatoes and mash them well. It should be about 1 cup.
2. Mix the three flours, asafoetida, cumin-chilly powders and salt and knead it. You will not require any water for this.
3. Heat oil. Oil the chakli mould and put a small chunk of dough.
4. Drop the ribbon murukkus in the hot oil.
5. Fry them on medium flame until crunchy.