Made these no bake biscuit tarts with kesar elaichi shrikhand filling. This is a perfect dessert for parties as you can make the tarts ready on the previous day and pipe the filling just before serving them.
For the Tarts:
Glucose biscuits ... 100 gms (about 15 biscuits)
Desi Ghee or butter ... 2 tbsps
Honey ....... 1 tbsp
1. Crush the biscuits in a mixie.
2. Melt the ghee or butter and mix honey.
3. Add to the crushed biscuit powder and mix well.
4. Grease the tart moulds and spread a portion of this mix pressing well on sides and the base.
5. Refrigerate until you are ready to fill them.
For the Shrikhand:
Hung curd ... 1 cup
( made from 2-3 cups of yogurt depending on its consistency )
Icing sugar ....... 3-4 tbsps.
(sugar also has to be adjusted as per your preference and also how sour the yogurt is )
Elaichi powder .. 1/4 tsp
Kesar / saffron ... a generous pinch soaked in a little warm milk.
Unsalted and sliced pistachio nuts .. 2-3 for garnishing.
1. Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for minimum 8 hours or over night to make the hung curd.
2. Take the thick hung curd in a bowl and add the cardamom powder and saffron.
3. Whisk it and add sugar little by little while doing this.
4. Refrigerate immediately.
To assemble the tarts:
For garnishing :
Cherry or any red fruit
Edible rose petals.(fresh or dry)
1. Demould the tarts carefully.
2. Fill the shrikhand in a piping bag and place it in the freezer for 5 minutes before using.
3. Pipe out small flowers using star nozzle.
4. Garnish with powdered pistachios, saffron strands and a piece of cherry or any red coloured fruit.
5. Sprinkle some edible rose petals in the serving platter.