Dal is a basic dish which is loved by one and all.. There are so many variations one can try out with different lentils. Today's recipe is a combination of chana dal and mixed vegetables, a wholesome & nutritious dish. Use any vegetables of your choice.
Chana dal / Bengal gram .... 1/2 cup
Potato ......... 1
Carrot ...... 1/2
Green beans .. 6
Capsicums / Bell peppers . ( I used Green & Red few pieces of each)
Small brinjals ... 4
Tomato ......... 1 large
Green chillies ... 2-3
Garlic ........... 1 tsp crushed (optional)
Ginger ....... 1 tbsp (grated)
Cumin seeds .. 1 tbsp
Curry leaves .... 1 sprig
Asafoetida ...... 2-3 pinches
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt .......... to taste
Oil ............ 2-3 tbsps
Coriander leaves ... for garnishing.
1. Wash and soak dal for few hours.
2. Cut the vegetables into cubes.
3. In a pressure cooker, heat oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida. When the seeds crackle add the curry leaves, garlic and ginger. Saute and tip in the vegetables, green chillies and tomato.
4. Add the salt and spice powders and saute.
5. Add the chana dal and cook for 2-3 whistles.( I leave the chana dal on top without mixing so that it is easy to check if it is done and then mix later)
6. Open the cooker after the steam is let out and carefully give a stir without mashing the vegetables.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
delicious and yummyReplyDelete
hey good one shobha,.ReplyDelete
it has come out delicious
thanks for linking up
Thanks Meena.. your recipes are so niceDelete
Very comforting and healthy chana dal with full of veggies. Excellent!ReplyDelete
Yes dear.. healthy dish indeedDelete
very delicious curry.. perfect with rasam rice..ReplyDelete
yea very comforting...ReplyDelete
Makes me so hungry now. Delicious.ReplyDelete
You are welcome to have itDelete
Thanks for linking. Great combination.ReplyDelete