Sweet potatoes ... 3-4
Onion ....... 1
Tomato ..... 1
Green chillies .... 2-3
Garlic paste .... 1 tsp
Ginger ......... 1 tsp (grated)
Cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ..... 1/2 tsp
Anardana powder .. 1 tsp ( you may also use amchoor powder or tamarind pulp )
Salt ........ to taste
Oil ...... 2-3 tbsps
Coriander leaves ... to garnish
1. Wash the sweet potato and cut into cubes with the skin. (It peels off easily after boiling)
2. Boil the sweet potato until half done. Cool and peel the skin.
3. In a pan heat oil and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle add the chopped onion and saute until translucent.
4. Now add the tomato, green chillies, ginger, garlic and saute. Add 1/4 cup water and simmer to cook.
5. Tip in the peeled sweet potato pieces. Add all the spice powders,salt and 1/4 cup water.
6. Simmer to cook until the spices are incorporated and the sweet potatoes are cooked.
This curry tastes good with rotis or puris.