This is a very nutritious snack made with greens, hence the name .. hare bhare kabab. Mashed potatoes are added for binding. Soaked cashew nut halves are pressed into each kabab / cutlet, which make them look so decorative and presentable.
Potatoes .... 2
Green peas .. 1/4 cup
Spinach / palak .. 1 cup
Mint leaves ....... 5-6
Coriander leaves .. handful
Kasoori methi ...... 1 tbsp. ( use fresh methi if you have )
Green chillies ....... 2-3
Cashew nuts .......... 5-6
Kummel seeds ..... 1/2 tsp (you can also use shahijeera or cumin seeds)
Bread crumbs ....... 2 tbsps
Salt .................... to taste
Oil ............... to fry
1. Slit the cashew nuts carefully into half and soak them for at least one hour. By doing this the cashews will not become brown while frying the cutlets.
2. Boil the potatoes and mash them.
3. Boil the green peas adding a little salt. Drain and set aside.
4. Blanch the greens and chillies in just enough water. ( I don't like to drain away the nutrients.) Add a tiny pinch of baking powder to keep the colour green.
5. Mash the greens, potato and green peas together. Add the bread crumbs and kummel seeds and salt.
6. Shape the kebabs / cutlets and insert a cashew piece. Press it well.
7. Deep fry the cutlets on medium flame dropping one first and then another one after some time. Don't fry them to a dark brown colour.
Serve hot with any chutney / sauce.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Akhrot Ke Kabab