This is a very simple version of the shahi curry. I usually avoid the cream in my daily cooking (unless it is a party dish) . The cashew and almonds give the richness to the curry and you may add milk if you like.
Mushrooms .. 300 gms. (wash well, remove the stalks and cut into halves)
Onion ........... 1 medium (cut into pieces)
Green chillies.. 1-2
Cashewnuts ..... 7-8
Almonds .......... 7-8
Garlic.............. 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/8 tsp
Cumin powder ........ 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1/2 tsp
Salt.................. to taste
1. Grind the cashewnuts, almonds, onion, green chillies, garlic to a fine paste.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat a little oil and add the ground paste. Saute for a few minutes taking care not to make it brown.
3. Now tip in the mushrooms and stir well. Add the salt and dry spice powders.
4. Pour half a cup of water/milk and close the cooker. Check the salt. Cook for 3-4 whistles. This quantity of water/milk is for dry curry. Add more if you like more gravy.
5. Garnish with chopped nuts, or cream or coriander leaves.. anything you like.
Healthy one and delicious too!!!!!ReplyDelete
Super yum..nice recipe dearReplyDelete
never tried nuts with mushroom,looks rich and creamyReplyDelete
Thats a very yummy and creamy curry...ReplyDelete
nice creamy curryReplyDelete
Looks inviting dear. Thx for linking to the event.ReplyDelete
Event: Side Dishes
Lovely looking curry! First time here! Liked your space too.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking .. do keep visitingDelete
Super rich looking yummy shahi mushroom..tempting!!ReplyDelete
Rich and creamy curry, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)ReplyDelete
Always a pleasureDelete
Delicious and flavorful mushroom gravy.. Looks so rich..ReplyDelete
yummy and creamy looking mushroomReplyDelete
Thanks for the visit and liking the curryReplyDelete