This is a very simple recipe with just few ingredients. Mom often used to make it often to make use of the pooja coconuts.If you want to add mawa/khoya you can do that.
Coconut ..... 2 cups (grated)
Sugar ......... 1 & 1/2 cups
Water ........ half glass
Cardamom powder.... 1/4 tsp.
Ghee ....... to grease the tray
1. In a heavy bottomed vessel, take sugar and water.
2. Keep on medium flame and boil to make a thick syrup.
3. Add the grated coconut, cardamom powder and keep stirring for 10-15 minutes, till the mixture reduces to half and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
4. Immediately transfer into a greased tray and level it with the back of a spoon.
5. Let it cool and cut into pieces.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Green Peas Fudge / Matar ki Barfi