This is our favourite lunch recipe.. so cool and nice specially in summer. Have it just with pickle or you can make some poriyal to go with it.
Rice .... 1 cup
Curd .... 2 cups
Ginger ...1 inch piece (grated)
Curry leaves ..... 1 sprig
Asafoetida .... a pinch
Mustard seeds ..... 1tsp.
Dry red chillies .... 3-4
Salt ... to taste
Sugar .... 1 tsp.(optional)
Oil .... 1 tbsp.
1. Wash and soak the rice for 1-2 hours.
2. Cook to a soft consistency. Let it cool.
3. Mix the curd, salt, sugar, chopped coriander leaves and grated ginger.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves.
5. Mix the tempering to the curd rice.
(Serve with pickle. Beans poriyal also goes well as a side dish with this.
For variation you can also add grated carrots or cucumber to the curd rice.)
See BEANS PORIYAL recipe - HERE