Prawns .. 500 gms
Onion .. 1
Tomato . 1
Green chillies .. 2-3
Garlic ...... 6-7 cloves
Ginger ...... 1 small piece
Coconut ... 1/4 cup (grated)
Spinach .... handful
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Garam Masala .... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice ... 1 tbsp.
Salt ..... to taste
Oil .... 4-5 tbsps
1. Clean and de-vein the prawns, Marinate them with lemon juice, salt and turmeric.
2. Grind together coconut, green chillies, garlic and ginger.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add finely chopped onion. Saute until translucent.
4. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and fry until they are cooked.
5. Now add the marinated prawns and stir fry until the colour of the prawns changes and the water is dried up.
6. Add the chopped spinach leaves and simmer for a minute.
7. Now add the ground masala paste and the spice powders. Add a little salt.
8. Stir fry for a couple of minutes until the masala gets cooked.
9. Add 1 cup of water and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
Note:Water quantity depends on the consistency of the gravy you like. You may also make it dry if serving with rotis.