Beeha ...... 1 stem ( 10 - 12 slices)
Potatoes .. 2-3
Onions .... 2
tomato .... 1
Green chillies .. 1-2
Garlic .......... 1 tsp
Ginger ....... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder ... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .... 1/4 tsp ( or as per your liking)
Coriander leaves ... handful
Salt ... to taste
Oil ..... 4-5 tbsps
1. Wash and scrape the outer skin of the lotus stem. Cut into thin slanting slices.
2. Boil them adding a little salt, preferably in a pressure cooker.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion to brown colour. Add ginger, garlic, tomato and green chilli with one cup water and simmer to cook.
5. Mash it using a masher or hand grinder.
6. Tip in the potatoes, salt and the spice powders. Bhuno it for a minute and add enough water to cook the potatoes.
7. When the potatoes are half done, add the boiled lotus stem slices and the coriander leaves.
8. Simmer until done. The quantity of water depends on the gravy of your preference.
Looks yummy! Tempting clicks! :DReplyDelete
Ongoing event Eat Seasonal Food Fresh
Ongoing event Forever Friends
Thank u AmritaDelete
have heard about cooking lotus stem but never tried..interesting recipe..ReplyDelete
Must try it :)Delete
Dish looks great.. Lotus stem is completely new for me.. never tried it.. glad to learn another new recipe from u :)ReplyDelete
Do give it a try sometimeDelete