These kachoris brought back childhood memories. Mom would make all these yummy snacks to carry for the train journey and how we relished them.
For the dough:
Maida ..... 1 cup
Oil ......... 2-3 tbsps
Salt ....... to taste
Knead into a soft dough adding water. Set aside.
For the filling:
Potatoes .... 2
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Garam Masala ...... 1/4 tsp
Crushed cumin seeds .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ....... 1/2 tsp
Amchoor powder .... 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves ....... handful
Salt .... to taste
Oil ..... for frying.
1.Boil the potatoes, peel them and cut into small pieces.
2. In a pan heat a little oil and add the potatoes and spice powders.
3. Add salt and coriander leaves and mix well mashing with the spoon.
4. Let it cool.
5. Now roll out a small quantity of dough and stuff it with the aloo filling.
6. Seal the edges into a bundle and roll it lightly.
7. Deep fry the kachories until crisp.
Serve hot with sweet tamarind chutney.
See Sweet Tamarind Chutney Recipe - HERE