Namak para is a simple snack made from all purpose flour flavoured with carom or cumin seeds. It is perfect to munch at tea time.
All purpose flour ... 1 cup (or as needed)
Oil / ghee ....... 2-3 tbsps ( after mixing it should resemble the crumbs )
Carom seeds or Crushed cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Salt ..... to taste
Oil .... to fry
1. Mix ghee or oil, salt and carom seeds (ajwain).
2. Knead to a medium soft dough and leave it covered for half an hour to one hour.
3. Heat oil in a kadai / pan and roll out a small portion of the dough.
4. Cut into strips, squares or diamond shape.
5. Drop them into the oil and fry on medium and low flame (changing it from time to time) until they are crisp.
6. Drain out on a paper towel.
7. Cool them and store in air tight container.
perfectly done n love 2 have in the evng timesReplyDelete
Same here.. specially at tea timeDelete
Yes quick easy & crispy snack itemReplyDelete
Addictive isn't it ?Delete
Love the crunchy snack !! Very tempting !!ReplyDelete
Everyone loves this snack I guessDelete
Love to munch some anytime..ReplyDelete
True.. very addictiveDelete
yummy n tempting snack...ReplyDelete
Yes Divya.. cant resisitDelete
Crunchy delicious snack.ReplyDelete
Crunchy and tempting....thanks to link this recipe to my event..ReplyDelete