Ragda Patties is a very popular chaat item .Aloo Tikkies topped with spicy ragda and chutneys, onion and thin sev.. It is usually made with vatanas .. But some people also make it with chana (chick peas ) . I have made with chick peas since we don't get vatanas in Brazil.
Potatoes ... 4-5
Bread crumbs ... 2 tbsps
Roasted and crushed cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Salt ............. to taste
Green chillies .. 1 finely chopped (optional)
Coriander leaves .. 1tbsp .. (finely chopped)
Oil .......... 2-3 tbsps (to pan-fry )
1. Boil the potatoes and mash them.
2. Mix all the ingredients and make cutlets.
3. Pan-fry them when you are ready to eat.
Chana / chickpeas .. 1 cup
Onion ............. 1 sliced
Ginger garlic paste .. 1 tsp each
Tamarind juice ...... 2 tbsps ( or as per your preference )
(I have used sumac / anardana powder)
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala ...... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (or more if you like it spicy)
Salt ........... to tatste
Oil ........ 2 tbsps
1. Soak the chana preferably over-night. Boil them adding salt.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion to golden brown colour.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and half cup water. Simmer to cook.
4. Grind the onions to a paste.
5. Add all the spice powders, salt and tamarind. Add water and the boiled chana.
6. Simmer until the chana is soft and keep the gravy according to your preference.
Sev ... I have replaced them with potato sticks as we don't get them here.
Onion .... finely sliced
Coriander leaves .. finely chopped
Sweet chutney... see recipe - HERE
Mint Chutney .... see recipe - HERE
1.Place the pan-fried tikkis / cutlets in a deep plate.
2.Spread the prepared ragda / chana on them.
3.Spoon a little chutney and garnish with fine sev and coriander leaves.
Enjoy the chatpata ragda patties.