Murgh Badami is a Shahi dish from the princely state of Hyderabad. This is not a spicy preparation.The base is almond paste along with aromatic herbs, cream and onion paste all cooked in pure ghee. It is then garnished with slivered almonds. I have substituted the cream with milk and used oil to make it lighter. You may also use coconut milk. But definitely using ghee and cream is a better choice when you are serving it to your guests..go for it. The taste is divine !
Chicken ..... 1/2 kg ( I have used boneless thigh portions)
Almonds ... 1/4 cup (about 20)
Onions ...... 2 small
Green chillies ... 3-4
Ginger .............. 1 inch piece
Garlic .............. 8 - 10 cloves
Cumin powder .. 1 tsp
Garam masala ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Yogurt ................ 1/4 cup
Salt ..................... to taste
Cream ............... 5-6 tbsps ( I used 1/4 cup milk)
Oil / ghee
1. Soak the almonds for few hours and remove the skin. Easier way is to put them in a bowl with water and microwave for a minute and peel. Grind them to a smooth paste adding a little water.
3. Cut the onion into big chunks. Boil the onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies, adding water to cook. Cool and grind it to a paste. Use just sufficient water so that you don't have to drain it away.
5. Now add the marinated chicken. Saute it for a couple of minutes and simmer. Add a little water if required.
6. When the chicken is three-fourth done, add the almond paste, cumin powder, garam masala and cream/milk.
7. Check the salt and simmer it until done.
Garnish with slivered almonds.
Note: Another method is to grill the chicken first and then add to the gravy and let it simmer.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Andhra Style Masala Chicken
Mouthwatering ...Yum Yum !!!ReplyDelete
Soya Malai Chaap
Thanks.. do try it sometime ShrutiDelete
a rich and delicious curry.. looks tempting..ReplyDelete
drool worthy curry :) excellent one ShobhaReplyDelete
Thanks for liking PriyaDelete
Curry looks deliciousReplyDelete
super tempting and invitingReplyDelete
Looks very delicious. Love the flavors. Yummy!ReplyDelete
Delicious rich curry...ReplyDelete
Thanks a lotDelete
This is new tome..looks delicious..yum.ReplyDelete
Do try VidyaDelete
Wow curry looks so rich and delicious...luvly click.ReplyDelete
Have a wonderful weekend :)