Chicken ..... 250 gms ( preferably boneless)
Cinnamon stick ... 1 inch piece
Bay leaves ...... 1-2
Black cardamoms .. 1
Slivered almonds ... for garnishing
Lemon juice .... 2-3 tbsps
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Garam masala ...... 1/2 tsp
Salt ................... to taste
Onion ..... 1
Ginger .. 1 tsp
garlic ... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Garam masala .../ 1/2 tsp
Tomato puree ... 1 tbsp ( optional)
Cashewnuts .... 7-8
Cream ... 2-3 tbsps
Salt ... to taste
1. Clean and cut the chicken into cubes. (for best results use the boneless thigh portion)
2. Marinate them with the ingredients mentioned in the marination list.
3. Meanwhile prepare the gravy.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion to a light pink colour.
5. Add the ginger garlic and saute. Tip in the cashews and add half cup water and simmer.
6. Grind the onion to make a puree.
7. Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon, bay leaf and cardamom. Add the marinated chicken and saute. Add the tomato puree and simmer to cook in its own water.
8. If it is not done you can add a little water to the chicken. Cook until three fourths done.
9. Now add the ground onion cashew paste and the mentioned spice powders. Check for salt and add if needed.
10. Finally stir in the cream and give one boil.
Garnish with slivered almonds.