Preparing rice with grated vegetables is a nice way to make your kids / spouse eat them without noticing them specially when they don't like some veggies and are picky about them.
Rice .. 1 cup
Zucchini .. 1 cup (grated)
Garlic ... 1 tsp (optional)
Green chillies ... 1-2 (slit)
Green cardamoms .. 2-3
Cloves ......... 2-3
Bay leaves ... 1
Cinnamon stick ... 1 small piece
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Heat the oil and add the whole spices.
2. When they give out a nice aroma add the garlic and green chillies. Tip in the zucchini and saute a bit.
3. Now add the soaked rice, turmeric and salt. Stir fry for a minute.
4. Add 2 cups of water and if you want it a little softer consistency add half cup more.
5. Cook on medium flame and when it is almost done leave it on dum. (low flame).
For variation you can add kasoori methi or coriander leaves.