Recipe source - Foodelicious
Tomatoes ... 5-6
Garlic ........ 1 tbsp
Ginger ....... 1 inch piece
Cashewnuts ... 8-10
Coconut ..... 3-4 tsps (grated)
Red chilli powder .. 1-2 tsps ( as per your liking )
Mustard seeds ... 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida ... a pinch
Salt .... to taste
Oil .... 5-6 tbsps
1. Heat 3 tbsps of oil and fry the cashews, ginger and garlic.
2. Add the grated coconut and tomatoes.
3. Now add salt and chilli powder and mix well.
4. Add a cup of water and simmer to cook until the tomatoes are done.
5. Let it cool and then grind it.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the asafoetida and mustard seeds.
7. When the seeds crackle add them to the chutney.