Recipe source - Foodelicious
Tomatoes ... 5-6
Garlic ........ 1 tbsp
Ginger ....... 1 inch piece
Cashewnuts ... 8-10
Coconut ..... 3-4 tsps (grated)
Red chilli powder .. 1-2 tsps ( as per your liking )
Mustard seeds ... 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida ... a pinch
Salt .... to taste
Oil .... 5-6 tbsps
1. Heat 3 tbsps of oil and fry the cashews, ginger and garlic.
2. Add the grated coconut and tomatoes.
3. Now add salt and chilli powder and mix well.
4. Add a cup of water and simmer to cook until the tomatoes are done.
5. Let it cool and then grind it.
6. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the asafoetida and mustard seeds.
7. When the seeds crackle add them to the chutney.
Simply irresistible, tomato and cashew makes a prefect pair in chutney.ReplyDelete
yummy and tempting preparationReplyDelete
Thanks a lotDelete
never add cashews in chutney, looks yummyReplyDelete
Nice change sometimes .. do tryDelete
Nice combo & yummy.ReplyDelete
wow....such a rich n tasty chutney...Sounds very tasty.ReplyDelete
Rich and tasty chutneyReplyDelete
Looks simple and new to me.Will try this.ReplyDelete
Thank u so muchDelete
Absolutely delish!!! I love making tomato based chutneys... But still never tried to pair up tomato n cashew for that... I have to make this soon :)ReplyDelete
Do make it soon Shruti.. it is yummyDelete