Brinjals / eggplants ... 8-10 (baby brinjals )
Potatoes ............. 1 large
Onion .... 1 small
Boiled onion paste ... 2 tbsps
Tomato puree .. 2 tbsps
Yogurt ............ 1/2 cup
Chettinad masala .... 1 tbsp (see the recipe -HERE )
Garlic ...... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil .... to fry the vegetables and 2 tbsps for cooking.
Corinader leaves .. for garnishing.
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Dry red chillies .. 2-3 broken
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges. Leave them in salt water for a while.
2. Split the baby brinjals into four with or without the stem and put them in the salt water too.
3. Heat oil in a pan anfd fry the potatoes and brinjals separately. Set aside.
4. Make the onion paste by boiling the onion chunks in a little water and then grind them after cooled.
5. Slice the smaller onion (about handful )
6. Now place the cooking pan on the gas and take 2 tbsps oil.
7. When it gets hot add the tempering ingredients. After they crackle, tip in the sliced onion and garlic. Saute for half a minute.
8. Now add the boiled tomato paste and saute for a minute.
9. Add the tomato puree, salt and the spice powders.
10. Finally add the churned / blended yogurt and the fried vegetables.
11. Add 2 cups water (add one cup if you need a dry version )
12. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Note: You can make the curry even without frying the vegetables but this one tastes better.
First Anniversary Giveaway @ My Kitchen Odyssey