Amrakhand and Shrikhand are our family favourites. I always make them in large quantity when we entertain so that I can make some popsicles the next day from the left overs. These make a lovely summer treat specially for the kids.
I had posted the Amarkhand and Shrikhand recipes earlier in the blog. I am posting the procedure again to make it easier for you.
Mango pulp ... 1/2 cup
Icing sugar ....... 3-4 tbsps. (sugar also has to be adjusted as per your preference and also how sour the yogurt is )
Elaichi powder .. 1/4 tsp
Kesar / saffron ... a generous pinch soaked in a little warm milk.
Unsalted and sliced pistachio nuts .. 2-3 for garnishing.
Mango pieces ..... for garnishing.
1. Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for minimum 8 hours or over night to make the hung curd.
2. Take the thick hung curd in a bowl and add the cardamom powder and saffron.
3. Whisk it and add sugar little by little while doing this.
4. Now add the mango pulp and whisk it until well blended.
5. Spoon it into the serving bowl and garnish with sliced pistachios and mango pieces.
6. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
Now to make the Popsicles:
Take the popsicle moulds and spoon the amrakhand.
You may add some garnishings like crushed nuts, dry fruits or mango if you like. Freeze them. They will be ready in 2-3 hours.
If you don't have the popsicle moulds you can use the kulfi moulds or muffin moulds too. Insert the stick when it is half frozen. Place the moulds back into the freezer.