This is how we make it:
Yellow Moong dal ... 1 cup
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt ................ to taste
Oil ...... 1 tbsp
For garnishing or tadka take a little of each as per your liking..
Red chilli powder
Amchoor powder or anardana powder
Garam masala powder
Oil .... 2-3 tbsps
1. Soak moong dal for at least one hour. Wash it well.
2. In a pan heat 1 tbsp oil and add dal. Saute for half a minute and add 2 cups water.
3. When dal comes to a boil remove the froth. Add turmeric and salt. Simmer to cook on low flame.
4. Keep stirring in between and add water if needed. The consistency has to be thick.
5. When it is done mash it. It takes about 20 -25 minutes to cook.. You may cook in the pressure cooker also. ( 2-3 whistles) But the texture is perfect when cooked in a pan.
6. Just before serving sprinkle all the masalas mentioned above and pour a little hot oil over the masalas.
(for kids you can serve plain or with just cumin powder and black pepper.
This is usually served with puris. But you can relish it with rotis also.(for lunch & dinner)
To make puris, knead the dough adding salt and a little oil. Roll out the puris and fry them.
Tip: Do not dip in the flour while rolling the puris. Instead rub a little oil to the rolling pin and roll them out. This keeps the oil from turning black and remains clean.
Who wont like to eat this yummy dal :) Thanks shobhaji for linking this for my event:)ReplyDelete
My pleasure and thanks for liking itDelete
yummy and healthy recipeReplyDelete
Lovely recipe with dal...ReplyDelete
Ongoing event Cooking with love cousin
Looks so delicious and makes me hungry!.ReplyDelete
Thanks a lot for likingDelete
this is yummy shobha.. makhani dal looks too good would love to have that with those lovely poorisReplyDelete
Looks so delicious! I am a huge fan of beans and peas.ReplyDelete
yummy and inviting dearReplyDelete
Thanks a lotDelete
daal never goes out of fashin. ALways a household favouriteReplyDelete
True.. evergreen !Delete
puri looks very delicious,I am getting hungry!ReplyDelete
You are welcome to have it dearDelete
tempting dish shobha...ReplyDelete
Event: Dish Name Starts with U
delicious looking comboReplyDelete
Delicious preparation , thanks for sending in my event!ReplyDelete
ah i see the variations u made to the dalReplyDelete
we make it with dal bhaat kadhi the bhatia style
and ofcourse with ghee on top it looks yummylicious
Ok.. that's different !Delete
lovely and healthy dal..thanks for linking with us.ReplyDelete
The makhni dall looks perfect with the puris.ReplyDelete
I have never tried makhani dal with puris before but it looks delicious. Sometimes we have aloo puri as a special treat for breakfast and it is definitely a good way to start the day.ReplyDelete
Do try it out.. this is a Sindhi breakfast speciality.Delete
Making tonight yummy yummy my favorite. Remembering amma and daddy ☺🙏ReplyDelete
Thanks for trying out.. :)Delete