Stuffed parathas is one of the most popular breakfast dish that can be made with various different fillings. Today's recipe is with paneer and I have added one potato for binding and flavoured it with fresh methi. The combination of methi, aloo and paneer is really so delectable and loved by many. You can enjoy these parathas for breakfast / brunch / lunch / dinner with some pickle and yogurt. Fresh hot parathas straight from the pan with little butter on them are such a delight and irresistible.
(For the filling)
Paneer - 150 gms ( grated)
Potato - 1 medium (boiled and mashed)
Methi or fenugreek leaves - 1 small bunch sauteed with little garlic.
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
(For the dough)
Wheat flour - 2 cups
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsps
Ajwain - 1/4 tsp (optional - I add only in winter )
Water - for kneading
Ghee / clarified butter - for making parathas.
1. In a mixing bowl add the flour, salt, oil and mix them well.
2. Now knead the dough adding water little by little. Cover and rest it for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make the stuffing ready.
4. Mix all the ingredients for list 1 (for stuffing)
5. Knead the rested dough again adding a tsp of oil to get a nice and smooth texture.
6. Roll out a small portion of the dough, put some stuffing mixture in the middle.
7. Gather the edges sealing them like a pouch or bundle.
8. Flatten it and roll out carefully.
9. Heat a griddle, grease it and make the parathas flipping them few times until done. Brush them with little ghee after flipping.
10. Serve hot with yogurt and pickle.
Check out the video
About the group:
Shhhhh Cooking Secretly is a monthly challenge in a facebook group where we are paired with a different partner every month. Two secret ingredients are chosen by each partner for the other one and we prepare any dish with those ingredients based on the selected theme of the month which was - Protein Rich Vegetarian Breakfast.
This was suggested by Renu Agrawal Dongre
I am also paired with her this month. She chose GREEN CHILLIES & GHEE OR CLARIFIED BUTTER as my 2 secret ingredients. I made the stuffed parathas with paneer which is protein rich.
I have selected CUMIN SEEDS & OIL as her secret ingredients.
Pin for later
You may also like:
we live on parathas most weekends and addition of paneer to aloo-methi (our fav version) makes it so much healthier and filling ! - KalyaniReplyDelete
We love stuffed parathas too. They are nice and filling.Delete
My all time favourite paratha besides the aloo ones. I usually add some grated cabbage or cauliflower. Like how you have added methi to the filling.ReplyDelete
Yes, that will give crunch to the filling. Will try that next time. Thanks Mayuri .Delete
Paneer paratha is so tasty. I have never added potato, so will try with the potato paneer stuffing.ReplyDelete
Protein rich healthy parathas, they look so good. I do not add potato in my paneer paratha, will try it next time.ReplyDelete