Chickpeas or chana cooked with spinach is a very good combo and a healthy protein rich dish.
Palak/spinach ... 1 pkt frozen (400 gms) - you may use fresh boiled palak(1 bunch)
Chana ...... 1 can (200 gms) or 1/2 cup chana - soak and boil them.
Green chillies ... 1-2 chopped finely
Lime juice ... 1 tbsp.
Onion .... 1 small
Garlic ..... 1 tbsp. crushed
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ....... 1/2 tsp
Salt ...... to taste
*Milk ............. 1/4 cup ( with half spoon flour mixed in it )
* I use this as a substitute to the cream. You may use cream instead or skip it.
Oil ....... 2-3 tbsps
1. Heat little oil in a pan and add the palak. Saute a little and add chana.
2. Add 1 cup water and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. The chana from the can usually is under-cooked. If it is soft then you add it later.
3. Add green chillies and salt.
4. For tempering, heat a little oil/ghee in a pan. Saute the crushed garlic.
5. Add the finely chopped onion and fry till it is translucent. Now tip in the spice powders and a little salt.
6. Finally add the milk with flour and stir well and close the gas immediately.( If you are adding cream, add at this stage )
7. Mix this in the chana palak and simmer it for a minute. Finally add the lime juice.
This can be served with rotis, naans, bhaturas.
Nice healthy and perfect dish with rotis!! Thanks for linking to the event!!ReplyDelete
CC:Vegan Diet - Plant Based Food
Thanks Sravs. it is a very healthy dish.Delete
Looks delicious. Thanks for the entry dear.ReplyDelete
This is the second time today I've seen chickpeas with spinach ...and it sounds so good. I think it's a sign that I need to make some. It sounds delicious. Thank you so much for sharing it w/ MLLA this month =).ReplyDelete
Ha ha.. now you must make it surelyDelete
wow...love this healthy version..;)ReplyDelete
healthy platter there- yumReplyDelete
Yes Priya.. thanksDelete
I like spinach very much. it's delicious & healthy.ReplyDelete
Me too.. I just add a little to most of my curriesDelete
Healthy and easy recipe best for kids.ReplyDelete
Yes, very good for growing kids.Delete
Healthy combo and looks so tasty!ReplyDelete
Healthy and yummy combo, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)ReplyDelete
My pleasure ..Delete
My all time favorite. I sometimes prepare such a dish with kidney beans too.. Thank you for sharing with Healthy Morsels - Pregnancy :)ReplyDelete
I must try with kidney beans nowDelete
Great! My daughter loved it very much.ReplyDelete
Kavit Chandra Chanchal Khabrani
I am glad your daughter liked it. Very healthy for growing kidsDelete