Mini pita sandwiches or pockets make a perfect snack to serve in parties. It is a better option than fried snacks and quite filling too.
Chicken ..... 200 gms (boneless)
Ginger garlic paste .. 1 tbsp
Hung curd ............. 1 tbsp
Red or orange food colour .. a pinch
Tandoori masala powder .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ......... 1/4 tsp
Salt ................ to taste
Oil ............. 1 tbsp
Mini pita breads .. as needed
Chilli garlic sauce ... 3-4 tbsps
Onions ...... 1 cup finely sliced
Vinegar or lemon juice .... 2 tsps
Salt ........ to taste
Coriander leaves ... finely chopped
(Soak the sliced onions in salt water for 10 minutes. Squeeze out from the water and add salt, vinegar and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Chicken Tikka :
1. Clean the boneless chicken cubes.
2. Marinate them with a mixture of hung curd, salt, red colour and tandoori masala powder. Set aside for few hours.
3. Grill the chicken pieces or pan fry them with one tbsp of oil until done.
1. Slit open the mini pita breads carefully.
2. Spread the chilli garlic sauce on them. You may also use any other sauce or chutney if you like.
3. Spoon a little kachumber.
4. Stuff them with the chicken tikka pieces.
See the pita bread recipe - HERE
See the chilli garlic sauce recipe - HERE
Thanks Piyali :)Delete
I feel like picking one...looks so deliciousReplyDelete
All yours dear :)Delete
Thank you Julie :)Delete
What cute little sandwiches!ReplyDelete
Lovely sandwiches.......you made it so perfectly.ReplyDelete
Thank you Sudha ;)Delete
I loved these sandwiches! Lovely recipe!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing! :)
Thanks for liking them Madiha :)Delete
these look so delicious and flavourful!ReplyDelete
Yes Indeed Priya .. thanks :)Delete
perfect party snacksReplyDelete
Yes.. and so light too. :)Delete
They look yummy!!ReplyDelete
Thanks Christopher :)Delete
Pita breads are so versatile, your sandwiches look great.ReplyDelete
Thanks Nayna.. ;)Delete
love this idea to stuff pita with other than falafelReplyDelete
Thanks Linsy :)Delete