I wanted to try out something nice with Shimeji mushrooms as I really like them a lot. They are nice and crunchy, in fact better tasting than button mushrooms. I found this recipe very simple and delicious. We had it like an appetizer.
Shimeji mushrooms .. 200 gms
Potatoes ................. 2 medium sized.
Garlic.................. 2 tsps
Salt ................... to taste
Black pepper .... 1/8 tsp
Parsley ............. 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Mayonnaise ..... 1 tbsp
Olive oil .......... 3 - 4 tbsps.
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
2. Heat the olive oil lightly in a wok and fry the mushrooms. Simmer them until they are done and slightly brown in colour. Remove them from the wok.
3. In the same wok tip in the shimeji mushrooms and garlic. Add a little oil if needed.
4. Saute them until the water is dried up and the mushrooms are done. It takes a few minutes.
5. Now add the finely chopped parsley, salt, black pepper and mayonnaise. Stir well to mix.
6. Add the potatoes and stir carefully to avoid them from breaking.
Delicious appetizer is ready.
Recipe is adapted from here
I often see these Shimeji mushrooms in the supermarket but never cooked with them. I like your idea of cooking them with potatoes. The addition of parsley sounds great too.ReplyDelete
You must try them Mina .. they are really good :)Delete
delicious tempting recipe.ReplyDelete
I have never cooked with this mushroom.. Sounds interesting should try for thisReplyDelete
Do try out :)Delete
mmm yummyy <3 i love its comboReplyDelete
Thanks Monu :)Delete
love those Mashrooms :) wonderful recipeReplyDelete
Thanks for liking Pooja :)Delete