Burgers are always welcome specially with kids around. It is an easier meal option for the week ends too. Just have to fry the cutlets and assemble the burgers with the fillings of your choice. This time I made fish burgers for a change and we really loved them.
Burger buns .. 4 or as needed (I used the mini buns)
Lettuce .. few leaves.
Cherry tomatoes ... for garnishing.
Schezwan sauce ... 2-3 tbsps.
(you can use any sauce or chutney of your choice)
For the fish cutlets:
Fish - 250 gms
Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Onion finely cut - 2 tbsp
Green chillies finely cut - 1 tbsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 2-3 tsp
Amchoor powder .. 1/2 tsp
Bread crumbs .... 2 tbsps
Oil ... to fry
1. Boil the fish in a little water with salt for about 10 minutes.
2. Remove from water and allow the slices to cool.
3. Remove all the bones from the fish and mash the flesh.
4. Add salt, flour, garam masala, red chilli pdr, coriander powder, onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, amchoor powder and knead well so that all the ingredients mix evenly
5. Make small lemon sized balls and flatten them slightly
6. Deep fry on medium flame until golden brown.
To Assemble the burger:
1.Slit the buns into two.
2. Place a lettuce leaf and the fried burger / cutlet.
3. Spoon any sauce or chutney of your choice. You can also use a slice of cheese if you like.
4. Place the second piece on top and garnish with a cherry tomato using a tooth pick. If the buns are large then use a satay stick.
Pin for later