Mexican dishes are nice and spicy, perfect for Indian taste buds. I simply love them. Here is a soup recipe with beans, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Serve it with chilli-cheese toast and it makes a complete and filling meal.
Kidney beans ... 1 cup (boiled)
Onion ............. 1 small (finely chopped)
Garlic ............. 2-3 cloves (finely chopped)
Red chilli ...... 1 (sliced finely)
Tomatoes ...... 2 (blanched and peeled)
Vegetable stock .. 1 cup (optional, you can use water instead)
Avocado ....... 1/ 2 (diced)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Olive oil ........ 1 tbsp
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and saute the onions until translucent.
2. Add the garlic, red chilli, tomatoes and stir fry.
3. Add the vegetable stock or water and cook for 5-7 minutes.
4. Allow it to cool and using a hand blender blend the contents.
5. Now tip in the kidney beans and 1 cup water. Season with salt and simmer until well heated. Adjust the thickness of the soup as per your liking and add water or stock accordingly.
6. Pour the soup into individual serving bowls and top with tomatoes, avocado pieces, sliced red chillies, grated cheese and coriander leaves.
Serve with cheese toast.
For the chilli cheese toast:
Red chillies finely chopped
1. Slice the bread.
2. Butter the slices and spread the grated cheese, onion and red chillies.
3. Grill them until the cheese melts and they are lightly brown and crunchy.
The recipe is adapted from here