I am a great fan of Thai Cuisine.. there are so many soups to choose from.. one of my favourites is a simple Thai Tomato Soup from Nayna's blog... easy to make and so flavourful.
. Yellow Thai Curry with Vegetables that my friend Mayuri makes is to really die for .. do check it out in her space. I am sure you will love it too.
Thai Cucumber Relish made by Priya Sinivasan is something that you will love as an accompaniment with the spicy Thai meals.
Another dish you should go for is - Pernakan Pancakes . they are Thai rice flour and coconut pancakes. Mireille Roc is too good in making all these exotic dishes. These can make a nice breakfast for kids.
Now let's proceed to make the green papaya salad..
Green papaya ... 1 (peeled and grated about 2 cups)
Cherry tomatoes .. 4-5 (use normal one if you don't have the cherry tomatoes)
Green beans ....... 5-6
Bean sprouts ....... 1/2 cup
Fresh red chillies .. 1
Garlic .................... 1 clove
Lemon juice ......... 2 tbsps
Fish sauce ............. 1 tbsp
Palm sugar ........... 1 tbsp
Roasted and crushed peanuts .... 2 tbsps
Add salt only if you need as the fish sauce is salty.
1. Peel and grate the green papaya.
2. Boil the green beans lightly adding a little salt. They should remain crunchy and not overcooked. Cut them into 2 inch pieces.
3. Crush the red chillies and garlic. add the lemon juice, fish sauce and palm sugar. Mix them well. Add salt only if needed as the fish sauce is quite salty.
4. In a bowl mix the grated green papaya, sprouts, beans and tomatoes. If using cherry tomatoes cut them into two or the normal one into thin slices.
5. Add the prepared dressing and stir.
6. Just before serving mix the crushed peanuts. Garnish with chilli slices.