This is a Brazilian bean soup made with beans.. we have such a large variety of beans here. I prefer to use red beans to get a nice perfect colour. You can even make from Rajma. I have made plain and simple soup but you can also add sausages or ham to it.
Azuki beans ... 1/4 cup
Onion ........... 1 small
Garlic .......... 5-6 cloves ( 1 tsp )
Tomato puree ... 3-4 tbsps
Bay leaves ........ 1-2
Cinnamon stick ... small piece
Spring onions ..... for garnishing.
Salt ........ to taste
Oil ........ 1 tbsp
1. Soak the beans for few hours or overnight.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat the oil and add the bay leaf and cinnamon. Add the sliced onion and garlic cloves and saute a little.
3. Add the soaked beans, salt and 3 cups water. Allow it to cook until done. Let it cool.
4. Discard the cinnamon and bay leaves and blend the beans. Pour the bean soup back into the pan and add tomato puree. Bring it to a boil and add water according to the consistency you prefer.
You may also add sausages or ham to the soup while boiling.
5. Add the finely chopped spring onions and chilli sauce just before serving in individual bowls.