Sometimes we like to skip eating heavy and spicy food. This is a perfect and light dish for such occasions. Simple and less time consuming one. You can have a bowl of soup or a salad to go with it. Select any fleshy fish without bones. You may use any greens of your choice. I have used spinach and coriander leaves.
Fish fillet ... 8- 10 slices or as needed.
Garlic ...... 12 - 15 cloves chopped
Spinach leaves .. 1 cup
Coriander leaves ... 1/2 cup
Salt ........ to taste
Black pepper .. 1-2 pinches
Olive oil .... 4-5 tbsps
1. Clean the fish fillet and cut into pieces as desired.
2. Boil water in a saucepan adding salt as required.
3. Tip in the fish pieces and allow them to simmer for 6-7 minutes turning side carefully. Time may vary according to the thickness of the fish. If it is thin one 4-5 minutes will do.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped garlic and saute on medium flame to make it nice and brown.
5. Next add any greens that you prefer and toss them with a little salt and black pepper.
6. Remove the poached fish in a serving plate and spoon the garlic tempering over the fish slices.