This salad is perfect for your Valentine Day Menu. I have used arugula but you may use any kind of salad greens. The roasted walnuts definitely add a lovely flavour to this salad.
Beetroot ... 1 large
Arugula ... half bunch (about 1 cup)
Carrot .... 1 small (cut into thin juliennes- I used a cutter )
Cabbage .. 1 cup (shredded into thin long strips )
Buffalo Mozzarella .. broken into pieces (about 1/2 cup )
Roasted walnuts ... few
For the Dressing:
Balsamic vinegar ... 1 tbsp
Honey .................. 1 tbsp
Olive oil .............. 1 tbsp
Salt ................. 2-3 pinches as needed
Black pepper powder... 1/8 tsp
1. Boil the beetroot. Peel it and cut it into thin slices. Using a heart shaped cutter cut out the hearts.
2. Break the leaves of arugula and immerse them in ice water.
3. Shred the cabbage and carrot into thin strips and immerse in ice water.
4. Roast the walnuts in a pan and break them into pieces.
5. Pour the dressing ingredients in a bottle and shake them well or whisk them in a bowl.
6. Place the salad ingredients in a serving plate in layers and place the beetroot hearts on the salad.
7. Break the buffalo cheese and spread it over the salad.
8. Pour the dressing over the salad and garnish with walnut pieces.