Fish head ... 1 or 2 (depending on the size)
Raw mango .. 1 small (peeled and cut into big pieces)
Onion ....... 2
Green chilli .. 1-2
Garlic ........ 1 tsp (crushed)
Ginger ..... 1 tsp (grated)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Curry leaves ... few
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (add more if you like )
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Oil ... 3-4 tbsps
1. Wash the fish head and cut it into pieces. Marinate with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the onions. Fry until golden brown in colour.
3. Now tip in the ginger, garlic and green chillies. Add half a cup of water and simmer.
4. Blend it using a hand blender or a mixie.
5. Now add the fish head and the spice powders except garam masala. Saute it for a few minutes.
6. Add the raw mango pieces and one cup water. Check the salt and add carefully as the fish head already is marinated with it.
7. Finally add garam masala and coriander leaves and simmer until done. If you want more gravy then add water accordingly.
8. When the curry is ready add the tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves.