This is a very healthy and nutritious soup. I have used oats to thicken the soup instead of corn starch. You may use any vegetables of your choice or the ones available in your refrigerator. Tomatoes and carrot make a very good combination and I have added a few green beans and spinach leaves too.
Tomatoes ... 2
Carrot ........ 1 small
Green beans .. 6-7
Spinach ......... 3-4 leaves
Garlic .......... 1/2 tsp (optional)
Basil .......... 2-3 leaves
Fine oats ..... 1 tbsp
Salt ............. to taste
Black pepper .. freshly ground
Oil .......... 1/2 tbsp.
1. Peel the carrot and string the green beans. Cut all the vegetables into pieces.
2. Put them in a pressure cooker along with 2 cups water, garlic, salt and spinach leaves. Cook them for 4-5 whistles. (alternately you can boil in a pan until the vegetables are cooked)
3. Grind them using the hand grinder or in a mixie jar.
4. In a pan heat the oil or butter and fry the oats for a minute or until you get a nice aroma.
5. Add the soup and stir immediately to avoid lumps. add more water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. The quantity of water depends on the consistency you prefer. Check the salt and add if needed.
6. Crush the fresh basil leaves and drop them into the soup. You can add dry basil if you don't have the fresh one.
7. Sprinkle the freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Omg, my all time favourite soup,i can have it even everyday.ReplyDelete
Same here PriyaDelete
Wow such a healthy n delicious soup...ReplyDelete
wow nice soup. i like ur idea of using oats though i have never had themReplyDelete
A healthy addition Meena .. and they thicken the soup tooDelete
super yummy !!!super yummy !!!ReplyDelete
very yummy and healthy..ReplyDelete
healthy n yummy soupReplyDelete
wow!! oats instead of cornstarch for thickening.... superb idea!ReplyDelete
Yes dear .. a healthy option. ThanksDelete
healthy soup.. Never know we can use Oats as thickening agentReplyDelete
I just tried and it worked well ..Thanks VeenaDelete