A very healthy and nutritious dish with a combination of vegetables like carrot, potato and spinach.In addition we also have green gram for proteins and all of us know the health benefits of oats. This stew can even be relished without any roti or bread. I sometimes take a bowl full for lunch and it is quite filling.
Oats .... 2 tbsps
Spinach ... 1 piece (30 grms. frozen) or (handful fresh)
Green gram .. handful (soaked for few hours)
Potato ........ 1 small
Carrot ........ half
Onion ........ 1 small
Tomato .... 1 small
Green chilli ... 1
Turmeric powder ... 1/8 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (add if you like it spicy)
Oil.................. 1-2 tbsp
1. Cut all the vegetables into small pieces and soak the moong gram.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the oats. Saute for a minute on low flame.
3. Now tip in the onion, tomato, chilli and all the vegetables and the soaked green gram.
4. Add the salt and spices mentioned above ( note: very little quantity of masalas required)
5. Add 2 cups of water and close the cooker. Cook for 4-5 whistles.
6. After opening the cooker, just give a gentle mash with a ladle/spoon and check for the salt.
I have served it with dinner rolls.. even garlic bread goes well with it.