Sukka masala ribs prepared with coconut masala and spices. You can serve this with rotis or enjoy like a snack too.
Ribs ... 250 gms (you can use beef, pork or mutton ribs)
Onion ... 1 (sliced)
Ginger .. 1 tbsp (Julienned)
Garlic ... 1 tbsp (crushed)
Salt ...... to taste
Turmeric powder ... 1/2 tsp
Black cardamom... 1
Cinnamon ............ 1 inch piece
Lemon juice ... 1 tbsp.
Coriander leaves .. to garnish
For the Masala:
Dry roast and grind the following ingredients.
Cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Coriander seeds .. 1 tsp
Cardamoms ....... 2-3
Cloves ............... 2-3
Sesame seeds ..... 1 tsp
Dessicated coconut .. 1 tbsp
Dry red chillies ........ 1-2 (as per your spice level)
1. In a pressure cooker boil the ribs adding black cardamom, cinnamon and salt until almost cooked.
2. In a pan heat a little oil and add the sliced onions. Saute until pink in colour.
3. Add the crushed garlic and ginger. Saute.
4. Tip in the ribs and saute for a minute or two.
5. Add the dry ground masala and turmeric powder. Check the salt and add a little, as we had boiled the ribs with salt.
6. Fry until the masala is coated well and the oil starts separating.
7. Squeeze a little lime juice. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
You can enjoy these masala ribs as a snack or serve with rotis and naans.