This is a Rajasthani recipe.. green chillies with roasted besan and spices
Chillies ........ 4 large ones
Amchoor powder .... 1 tsp.
Salt .................... to taste
Gram flour ..... 2-3 tbsps.
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder ... 1/8 tsp.
Mustard oil ........ 2-3 tbsps
1. Wash and wipe 4 large green chillies.
2. Cut them into small pieces as shown in the picture.
3. Heat a pan. Add 2 -3 tbsp gram flour (besan) and dry roast it without adding oil. Keep aside.
4. Heat the mustard oil to a smoking point.
5. Reduce the flame and add the green chillies.
6. Saute a little and add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
7. Cover and cook on low flame till the water of the green chillies dries and they become tender.
8. Add the gram flour, sprinkle some dry mango powder (amchur powder). Stir well until the besan is coated on the chillies and remove from flame.