Ever thought of using a papad to make a snack .. check out this recipe and you will be amazed how simple it is to make and yet so delicious. You can make it in a jiffy when you have unexpected visitors.
Papads .... 4 -5 ( preferably masala papads and not the appalams)
For the filling:
Potato .... 1 small
Carrot .... a small pieceGreen beans .. 4-5
Onion .......... 1 small (or) 1 sprig of spring onion (chopped finely)
Red chilli powder .. 1/8 tsp
Salt ............. to taste
Maida ........ 1 tbsp. (to make a paste)
To make the filling:
1. Boil the potato and cut into small pieces.
2. Cut the other vegetables into tiny pieces and boil them.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan and saute the garlic paste. Then add the onions and stir fry for half a minute.
4. Now add all the vegetables, salt and spice powders. Mix well mashing the vegetables a bit. Finally add the coriander leaves and set the filling aside to cool.(you need very less spices in the filling as the papads are already spicy)
To make the rolls:
1. Soak the papads in water for 20-30 seconds, taking 2 at a time.(If you soak all at a time they will become soggy)
2. Place them on a flat surface and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Mix the maida with a little water to make a paste.
4. Place the filling in the middle and fold them like spring rolls and seal the edges with the paste.
5. Repeat the process again with more papads.
6. Deep fry the rolls and drain them on a paper towel.