I found these little baby zucchinis in the market. Just look at them, aren't they looking cute with yellow tips.
I had never cooked anything with zucchini, nevertheless I bought them. Tried out a simple curry with almond gravy.
Here's the recipe.
Baby Zucchinis ... 200 gms
Onion ............. 1 medium
Almonds ......... 8 - 10
Green chillies ... 1 - 2
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Lemon juice .......... 1 tbsp.
Salt ........... to taste
1. Wash the zucchinis and give a slit from top.
2. Sprinkle salt and half fry them. Set aside.
3. In a grinder, first grind the almonds into powder and add the onion, garlic and green chilli. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the ground paste on low flame taking care not to make it brown.
4. Add salt, turmeric and cumin powder. Tip in the fried zucchinis.
5. Add a very little water and simmer for a few minutes. Finally squeeze the lime juice. Serve with rotis/naans.