I had never cooked anything with zucchini, nevertheless I bought them. Tried out a simple curry with almond gravy.
Here's the recipe.
Baby Zucchinis ... 200 gms
Onion ............. 1 medium
Almonds ......... 8 - 10
Green chillies ... 1 - 2
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Lemon juice .......... 1 tbsp.
Salt ........... to taste
1. Wash the zucchinis and give a slit from top.
2. Sprinkle salt and half fry them. Set aside.
3. In a grinder, first grind the almonds into powder and add the onion, garlic and green chilli. Heat a little oil in a pan and fry the ground paste on low flame taking care not to make it brown.
4. Add salt, turmeric and cumin powder. Tip in the fried zucchinis.
5. Add a very little water and simmer for a few minutes. Finally squeeze the lime juice. Serve with rotis/naans.
interesting recipe dear..yummyReplyDelete
This is totally new to me and you've turned them into a delicious dish!ReplyDelete
something new here. baby zucchini looks so cute. I am sure lemon juice at the end give unique flavor to the dish. great recipeReplyDelete
Yes, they look so cute.. I just felt like making some curry with themDelete
Those baby zucchinis looks soo cute, curry makes me hungry.ReplyDelete
Yes Priya.. thanksDelete
something new to me... looks goodReplyDelete
An award for you at my space.. Do collect..
Thanks a lot for the award Reshmi.. really feel honouredDelete
Great recipe,looks absolutely yummy and healthy one too.ReplyDelete
Lovely cute Zuchini looks so beautiful....even curry looks so tempting.... Shoba are they tastes like normal ZuchiniReplyDelete
Yes they taste the same Rani.. I fell for these cute looking onesDelete
Have never tried baby zucchini. This recipe looks great and something I'm going to try for sure!ReplyDelete
Sure, give it a try Purabi.. nice and flavourfulDelete
excellent..looks fab & inviting..:PReplyDelete
wow delicious curry,luks yum...ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking PremalathaDelete
A very nice curry...looks yumReplyDelete
Woww.. lovely and interesting recipe.. Sounds too good :DReplyDelete