Who can ever resist biriyani ???
we have so many variations of them with vegetables, mutton, chicken and today I have made with chicken mince for a change.
Chicken Keema/Mince .... 200 gms.
Rice .................... 2 cups
Eggs ................. 2 (hard boiled to garnish)
Onions ................ 1 big ( about 1 cup sliced)
Tomatoes ............ 1
Green chillies ..... 1-2 (as per your preference)
Mint leaves ......... handful
Coriander leaves .. handful
Garlic paste ......... 1 tsp
Ginger paste ....... 1 tsp
Cardamoms ...... 2-3
Laung/cloves .... 2-3
Bay leaf ........... 1
Cinnamon stick .. 1" piece
Yogurt .............. 1/2 cup
Orange food colour .. a pinch
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ....... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala ....... 1/2 tsp
Biriyani Masala ...... 1 tbsp ( I use the Shan Sindhi Biriyani Masala, available in the Indian grocery stores in USA)
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the sliced onion.
2. Saute for 5 minutes and add the tomato, chillies, garlic-ginger pastes and the cleaned chicken mince.
3. Stir-fry until it is brown and cooked, adding the cumin, coriander, turmeric,chilli, garam masala powders and salt.
4. In a bowl beat the curd/yogurt and mix the finely chopped coriander and mint leaves and biriyani masala.
5. To make the rice, heat some oil and tip in the whole cardamoms, cloves, bay leaf and cinnamon stick.
6. When they leave out aroma, add the washed and soaked rice. Saute and add salt and three and half cups of water. (little less than double, because we will add curd while layering) Cook until done.
7. In a small bowl take little cooked rice and add the kesari/orange food colour.
8. In a pyrex serving dish, layer the biriyani. First white rice, the keema, yogurt with greens-biriyani masala and spoon a little coloured rice. Pour hot oil on each layer. Repeat this again until the rice and mince are used up.
9. Cover it with a foil and keep it in a pre-heated oven for dum. about 5-7 minutes. You can even layer it in a different pan and keep for dum on the gas, low flame keeping the pan on a tawa/griddle.
Garnish with boiled eggs before serving. It can be served with raita or Mirch ka Salan.
Am inviting myself to ur place, super delicious and inviting biryani.ReplyDelete
Most welcome Priya.Delete
Wow.......beautiful presentation & the biryani looks yummy.ReplyDelete
Thank you TinaDelete
delicious looking biryani with nicley decorated with eggs. awesomeReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
super duper biriyani..ReplyDelete
Thank you PTDelete
very yummy with step by step pictures....ReplyDelete
Event: Dish Name Starts With L
Looks delicious and colorfulReplyDelete
Participate in the on-going giveaway :
Pearl Earrings Giveaway Announcement
Thanks Lavanya.. will surely check out and participateDelete
i like to do this too...feels like we can get more flavor out frm the chicken ...he heReplyDelete
Can imagine the flavor and taste..makes me hungryReplyDelete
Biryani looks awesome!!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for visiting my blog and leading me to your wonderful space...
Thanks for dropping by Anshu.Delete
Inviting delicious biryani..ReplyDelete
Lovely presentation n yummy biriyani!!ReplyDelete
Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
in the following ongoing events-
Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns
Delicious biryani Shobha:)ReplyDelete
DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!thats one yummy looking biryani.ReplyDelete
I love rice in any form. This looks and sounds delicious. My mouth is watering. I wished I lived close to you...I'd be feasting like a king! (LOL) As always, excellent instructions & presentation. Thanks for sharing.
The Flame Of A Lonely Woman
Ha ha .. yes definitely I would have sent you some food everydayDelete
How are you? Just reading blogs after blogs before I leave home again. I like this recipe and very unique for me, a must try when I am back. let me read all that I have missed. It seems you are cooking and writing faster than I could read, forget about cooking , ha ha . have a nice weekend
Ha ha.. nice to hear that my recipes keep reminding you not to forget cooking .You should try it when you come back.Delete
I like any flavored rice and biryanis are my favorite. Keema biryani looks great! Thanks for sending it over to Chicken Feast event.ReplyDelete
Thanks Usha.. Biriyanis are my favourite too.. always make many variations.Delete
Nice tasty one !! Thanks for linking to the event !! Appreciate it !!ReplyDelete
Ongoing event CC:Splash Into Summer
My pleasure Sravs.Delete