American Sweet Corn kernels: 1 cup. (or) 1 can of corn kernels
Water: 4 cups
Ajinomoto: 1/4 tsp
Salt: to taste
Sugar : 1 tsp
Milk : 1 tbsp
Pepper: 1/2 tsp
Corn Flour : 1 tbsp, made into slurry
1. Boil corn kernels in enough water until tender. (Alternately, you may pressure cook them.)
2. Add the 4 cups water to the corn in a pan, and allow to boil.
3. Add salt, sugar, ajinomoto, pepper and let it boil for 5 more minutes.
4. Add corn flour slurry. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
5. Finally, add milk, allow one boil and remove from fire.
Serve hot with soy sauce as accompaniment.
I am going to make this today.ReplyDelete
I love this Chinese style soup, nice presentation. Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)ReplyDelete
Wow that is awesome dear:) loved it ... thanks for sending it for the event..ReplyDelete
Corn soup is everyone's favourite in my family. I have never made it Chinese Style so must try this soon.ReplyDelete
I had a similar soup at a Chinese restaurant the other day. It was really delicious.ReplyDelete
looks delicious, this is my favorite soup tooReplyDelete
What a cheap and tasty soup, although I'm not familiar with ajinomoto so shall keep an eye out for it:-)ReplyDelete
It is better to skip ajinomoto CamillaDelete
What a great recipe idea and so easy to make too - as a BIG soup fan I must try this!ReplyDelete