Parottas / roti s/ wraps .... 3-4
Eggs ................... 2 (optional)
Onion ........ 1 large ( 1 cup )
Tomato ..... 1
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Garlic .... 1 tsp
Green chillies .. 2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Curry leaves ... 1 sprig
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .... 1/2 tsp
1. Cut the parottas or wraps into small strips or pieces.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan and add oil. Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
3. When they crackle add the ginger garlic and onion. Saute until translucent.
4. Now add the chopped tomatoes and stir-fry until they are cooked.
5. Next add the parotta pieces, salts and the spice powders. Sprinkle a little water to cook.
6. Meanwhile in a separate pan make the scrambles eggs and mix them into the cooking parottas.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Note: You can also add the eggs directly in the same pan as they do in the street shops but I prefer this way. There is no end to variations. Vegetarians can add any vegetables of their choice to make it more sumptuous. Non vegetarians have a choice of adding cooked and left over curries and kormas. You can go ahead and experiment with various masalas like sambar powder, chicken masala, pav bhaji masala etc etc ..