These flavourful potato wedges baked with garlic and herbs and really delicious served hot out of the oven and topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Potatoes .... 200 gms
Oregano .... few leaves
Dried oregano .... 1 tsp
Olive oil .... 2-3 tbsps
Feta cheese ... 2 tbsps
Garlic ........... 6-8 cloves (crushed)
Water ............ 1 cup
Lemon juice .... 1 tbsp
Black pepper ... freshly crushed 1/8 tsp
Salt ............... to taste
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into roundels or wedges.
2. Pre-heat the oven at 250 C.
3. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except feta cheese. Add salt carefully as feta is very salty cheese.
4. Spread the herbed potatoes in a baking dish or tray.
5. Add 1 cup of water and roast them for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove the tray and check them. If they need to be cooked more then sprinkle a little more water and bake for 5-7 minutes or until done.
7. Remove the potatoes into a serving dish and top them with crumbled feta cheese while still hot.
Serves - 2
Recipe adapted from - HERE