An absolutely delicious and super healthy Greek style lentil salad with feta cheese and fresh and vibrant vegetables.. can be eaten as a snack or light meal.The dressing in Greek salads is always very simple.. just olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic. I like to use herb infused olive oil. You can toss in some fresh herbs like oregano, dill or parsley for Heavenly flavours.
Lentils .... 2 cups (boiled with little salt)
Bell peppers ... red and yellow (cut into strips)
Cherry tomatoes ... 10
Red onion ........ 1 small (sliced)
Fresh herbs like parsley, dill or mint ... 2 tbsps finely chopped
Kalamata olives .... 10
Feta cheese ......... crumbled for topping.
Black pepper ... freshly crushed
Salt ........ to taste
For the dressing:
Olive oil .. 3-4 tbsps
Red wine vinegar .. 2 tbsps
Garlic ............... 1 tsp (crushed)
Dried oregano .... 1 tsp
(pour these in a bottle and shake it up)
1. Boil the soaked lentils with a little salt. Drain them and set aside. Take care not to make them mushy. Let them cool.
2. Bell pepper strips can be used raw or you can saute them, bake them or roast them with a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Now take all the vegetables. olives. fresh herbs and lentils in a large bowl.
4. Stir the prepared dressing carefully.
5. Top it with crumbled Feta cheese and freshly crushed black pepper.
Recipe adapted from - mygreekdish.com
Pin for later
You may also like:
Horiatiki / Greek Village Salad