These flavourful potato wedges baked with garlic and herbs and really delicious served hot out of the oven and topped with crumbled feta cheese.
Potatoes .... 200 gms
Oregano .... few leaves
Dried oregano .... 1 tsp
Olive oil .... 2-3 tbsps
Feta cheese ... 2 tbsps
Garlic ........... 6-8 cloves (crushed)
Water ............ 1 cup
Lemon juice .... 1 tbsp
Black pepper ... freshly crushed 1/8 tsp
Salt ............... to taste
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into roundels or wedges.
2. Pre-heat the oven at 250 C.
3. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except feta cheese. Add salt carefully as feta is very salty cheese.
4. Spread the herbed potatoes in a baking dish or tray.
5. Add 1 cup of water and roast them for about 30 minutes.
6. Remove the tray and check them. If they need to be cooked more then sprinkle a little more water and bake for 5-7 minutes or until done.
7. Remove the potatoes into a serving dish and top them with crumbled feta cheese while still hot.
Serves - 2
Recipe adapted from - HERE
We love potatoes in our family so these herbed potatoes with feta cheese would go down a treat.ReplyDelete
Thanks dear.. I guess everyone loves potatoes.Delete
Shobha love the new look. A tempting potato dish, would go well with pita bread.ReplyDelete
Thanks Mayuri :)Delete
These look delicious amd make a perfect tasty side dish.ReplyDelete
Hi, did not understand how you add the waterReplyDelete
Potatoes have to get cooked and the water dries up by the time they are done.Delete