I wanted to post it in the January Potluck Party but somehow couldn't do so due to settling down in the new place. This is a simple preparation but I love it. We do not get this vegetable here in Brazil. So today I am having a virtual feast while posting it for the event hosted by Jagruti @ Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey.
Tindora .... 250 gms
Onion .... 1 cup (sliced)
Tomato .. 1
Green chillies .. 1-2
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Garlic ... 1 tsp
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Asafoetida .. a pinch
Turmeric powder .. 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp
Cumin powder ..... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp ( or as per your taste)
Coriander leaves ... handful
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... as needed.
1. Wash the tindora well. Chop off the tips on the both ends and cut them into long strips.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the tindora strips until almost cooked.
3. In a sauce pan heat a little oil and add the asafoetida and mustard seeds.
4. When they crackle add the sliced onion, ginger, garlic and green chillies.
5. Saute for a minute and add the tomato. Simmer for a minute.
6. Now add the salt and spice powders mentioned in the list. Keep stirring until well blended.
7. Tip in the fried fried tindora and mix carefully.
8. Simmer to cook further until done. It does not take long as the tindora are fried and almost cooked.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve with any kind of roti or as a side dish with dal chawal.
Linking to : Potluck Party - Cyber Style